"Noah was a brave man to sail in a wooden boat with two termites." - Anonymous

Thursday, April 14, 2011

One Week...

brought me...

     1 spring snow storm (hello, heavy wet snow)
     2 restaurant dinners with the kids (is McDonald's a restaurant? Really?)
     3 relaxing meals with my brother (It was nice having an adult to cook for)
     4 house showings (at least we had fair warning on all of them)
     5 days of dropping the boys at school AND picking them up (usually a shared task)
     6 hours of working from home with a sick boy
and
     7 nights with a king-size bed all to myself (ahhhh...)

It also brought me...
  • The realization I work for some pretty great, understanding guys,
  • Almost to tears every time I had to hang up the phone with Hubs,
  • A chance to practice my patience, and
  • An even greater respect for all those ladies who are raising those great kids all by themselves.

3 comments:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I am glad you survived, that sounds like a tough week. That kind of thing always makes me appreciate taht I am nto doing this alone and hats off to those who do, and do so successfully.

TheFitHousewife said...

I agree....I don't know how single mothers do it...I couldn't! Let's hope this weather warms up fast, I'm done with winter! How are the house showing going? Any bites yet? Fingers crossed!

Debbie said...

Jen,
We've had 6 showings so far. I think those snowstorms (especially the first one) really kept people away. We've had one realtor come 3 times though. Thanks!