"Noah was a brave man to sail in a wooden boat with two termites." - Anonymous

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Return

I spent most of February trying to get some things done around the house and not play on my computer very much, but I feel as though I failed miserably. I keep so much of my daily information on my computer, I found it hard to shut it off during the day. Phone numbers, lists, banking, all of it tied to this little black machine.

So, I have revised my February resolution into a new one for March...instead of cutting myself off completely during the day, I will set a timer for 10 minutes at a time. However, I am only awarded this 10 minutes after doing 20 minutes of work around the house (also regulated by a timer).

I will also be returning to my weight loss efforts that I started back in September. I lost 10 pounds and then got derailed, and have almost gained all those pounds back. But I'm not just interested in losing weight. I am hoping to work on a lifestyle change that will include eating more healthily, being more aware of my portion sizes, and exercising more (sorely lacking in this department!) Now that the weather's getting better, part of that will include training for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer.

I am now off to visit some of my favourite places and catch up.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oh the timer. I use it too. It works for toddlers, and it works for grownups.

There was a really interesting interiew on The Sunday Edition on CBC a couple of weeks ago, about how we use the computer to distract us with busy-tasks when the important tasks remain undone. Interrrrrresting (me? guilty as charged ...)