"Noah was a brave man to sail in a wooden boat with two termites." - Anonymous

Monday, November 30, 2009

Books, Books, and More Books.

So, at lunch today after a conversation with a friend about cookbooks, I logged into my Chapters-Indigo wish list.

I counted the books.

I counted them again.

Fifty-four.

54.

Yep, 54 books (actually I think there's now 56, as I've just added a couple more).

And those are just the ones I don't mind admitting to people that I would like to read. And the ones I've actually remembered to include, so I don't forget I want to read them, and get to the bookstore, and flounder amongst the shelves because there's. Simply. Too. Much. Choice.

My brain shuts down.

Obviously I'm adding books faster than I can purchase/borrow and read them, since last year there was only 30 listed.

It's a varied list: historical fiction, philosophy, classics, science fiction, non-fiction, cooking, humour, biographies, financial, science, poetry, gardening, homekeeping. There's a whole world of books out there to enjoy! I'm not picky! Well, I'm not into westerns or romance. 

I think part of the problem is the reading. I've got about six books at home waiting to be read. But, between technical papers, textbooks for night school, and bedtime stories, I find myself not having a lot of time for leisure reading.

So, what kind of books are on your reading list? Any recommendations? Because I obviously don't mind adding to this list. What books are you absolutely in love with?

No comments: