"Noah was a brave man to sail in a wooden boat with two termites." - Anonymous

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Where the Heart Is

Gah! Almost 3 whole weeks of no blogging!

Lots of "Gee, I need to remember this and blog about it..." and "Won't this be great to write about..." Gone. Gone forever.

It's been crazy at work. I'm trying to think of what has happened in my life over the past 3 weeks.

Hmmm...
  • Work,
  • School work,
  • House work (yeah, right!),
  • Cooking (OK, a bit more believable than house work),
  • Making Christmas cards,
  • Hanging with my boys, and
  • Date night with hubs.
How was your Halloween, faithful readers? I spent mine at the office, trying to get some stuff out the door to a major client by Sunday. Big shout out to my peeps, those faithful engineers who were in there with me, making sure all the drafts were oh, so professional and such. You guys rock. You really do.

Hubs took the boys down to Lethbridge to go trick-or-treating with their cousins. Wolverine, Spiderman, Batman, and Pablo (one of these things is not like the others...) all went out for a candy fix.

Sounds like the start of a good joke...Wolverine, Spiderman, and Batman walk into a bar...

Anyway, they had a blast. Ended up spending the night, which was good, because I was back in the office on Sunday morning. I actually kind of like going to the office on weekends. Nice and quiet. I actually am able to get work done.

I don't feel like I've missed out a whole lot though, just a little bit. You see, Wolverine decided to stay around (the old blue and yellow Wolverine, not the new black one, if you're geeky like me and was wondering), and occasionally Pablo's head reappears. Awesome. At least the costumes are getting put to good use.

Speaking of which, I finally got to drool over Hugh Jackman watch Wolverine: Origins last night. Thank you Hubs. You're awesome.

Today I took the oldest to church and to the zoo. Just some Mum-Son time. It was great. The plan is to do it with the youngest in a couple of weeks.

For now, it's just nice to have some time at home to catch up on this! I've missed being here, only checking in during stolen moments.   

3 comments:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I hate it when work gets in the way of fun! But it happens.

Glad you had some great one on one time with your oldest! They just eat that kind of thing up I find. It's so easy to please them, really. Okay, not always but you know what I mean? Right? ;)

TheFitHousewife said...

Good to have you back!

R Royal Family said...

Yay your back, missed ya! Sounds like a nice mommy and son day, it is nice to have one on one time.