"Noah was a brave man to sail in a wooden boat with two termites." - Anonymous

Thursday, November 12, 2009

...Is My Two Front Teeth

No, I still have those, thankyouverymuch. In a completely (and not unprecedented) selfish moment, and since Hubs doesn't like presenting me with things I need, only things I want, I now bring you:

All I Want For Christmas Is...
  1. A cast iron fry pan. A cherry red Le Creuset would be the bomb. Another Le Creuset French Oven would be awesome too. Even a plain ol' black $25 cast iron fry pan would be welcome. Why? Because for the past 9 years, I've been dying to make true skillet cornbread.
  2. A wooden citrus reamer.
  3. French Taste, by Laura Calder (Yay Canada!)
  4. Vij's by Vikram Vij (Yay, again, Canada!)
  5. A black Lady Dior purse (I have been coveting this since the first time we went to Las Vegas and I spotted it in the Bellagio Dior store)*
  6. A Paderno saute pan  (Once again, Yay to the Great White North!)
  7. A copper bowl**
  8. Wine tumblers - not like the stylin' Riedel ones, but earthy, solid, won't-blow-over-on-the-patio-table wine tumblers
  9. Novels, food books, geeky books
  10. World peace***
So, tell me, what's on your wish list this year?

*If this is actually beneath the tree, I will oscillate between sheer bliss and wanting to kill him for spending so much money. Since he knows me so well, I doubt this will be under the tree.


**Anybody know where in Canada to find a decent one of these without having to remortgage my house?

***Couldn't resist throwing that one on there. But, really, do I need to wait for Christmas to wish for this?

3 comments:

TheFitHousewife said...

I told my hubby the other day I want a leather jacket for Christmas.

R Royal Family said...

I would love a black berry but I am getting luggage, I found it the other day (insert tolling eyes here). If dh didn't read my blog there would be a rant about that but for now it will stay between you and me ;-)

Mimi said...

A lot of cooking stuff on your list. Pynchon is always asking me to put down stuff on my list for ME, and I always ask for a coffee maker, or a new pot, or something for the house. Because that's actually what I want!

Well, a designer purse would be nice, too...