"Noah was a brave man to sail in a wooden boat with two termites." - Anonymous

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Decluttering - Day 1

Two garbage bags full of old Christmas decorations. Decorations we haven't used in at least four or five years. Decorations with cat hair woven into them as the beast found sleeping on the cardboard box they were kept in to be, oh, so comfortable. Decorations that looked exactly like the cheap, fake wreaths they were. Decorations that were broken. Decorations that have lived in boxes in the storage room for the past 8 years.

Normally I would have tried to take these to a thrift store or something. One man's trash and all that. But, when I looked in the bags, I thought "how insulting", and promptly tied them up and put them in the trash bin.

Next year, when it comes time to decorate the house for Christmas, I will not be plowing through unused items to get to the really good, really memorable, decorations. It feels good already.

1 comment:

TheFitHousewife said...

I have to do this every so often with my Christmas decorations too. Then I go after Christmas and get new ones for 50% off! Kinda defeats the purpose I guess ;)