"Noah was a brave man to sail in a wooden boat with two termites." - Anonymous

Monday, January 17, 2011

Decluttering - Days 5 through 8

This was pretty much a non-event, unfortunately. It was a pretty busy weekend, and I feel like a dropped the ball a bit. Every time I had a free moment, my knitting got picked up instead of clutter.

However, I did manage to get the socks that I knit for my Godmother blocked. Now I just need to write the note and buy the envelope and put the stamp on and stick it in the mail. Whew. When it's -23C outside, I don't really want to do any of that! But, that is my goal for this week, to get those socks into the mail!

We did pass along some ski equipment and a Christmas present we were storing for my brother-in-law. So, there is not longer a giant box in our living room, and no more pink and white skis in the garage.

I'm picking it up tonight though. The plan is for some electronic filing to be done. I've got my business files back from my accountant, so I will probably be doing some books tonight, which involves paper filing too. Decluttering my e-mails after that. And if possible, to get our Paris pictures uploaded so that we can share them with the family.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

I have a lot of clutter to clear up too, so I wish you the best.

As for the cold, the dogs need to be walked no matter what. So I must dutifully bundle up now and take them out for a run in the back. It's getting them back in that's the hard part. They'd like to stay out there all the time.